French Quarter finally,Steaks and Mugshots

Finally made it to the French Quarter found a place to park. Not sure if we can park there because the Loading Zone sign is stupid but what the hell.  Walked around for a bit taking in the sights. Oh boy..Lots of strange people here.




Of course we picked a day when there was no parades dammit. I din't think that was a possibility during Mardi Gras. Oh well. walked around checked out some stores. Of course had to hit a bar on Bourbon St for Bill to get a beer. We saw a guy scrubbing the sidewalk at on Bourbon St. I was going to ask him what he did for that punishment. Really Glad I didn't. Watching the news later on found out there was a shooting there at 3am so he was cleaning up the blood. EWWWW.. don't know if we will be back kinda scary.
After walking around for a couple of hrs. we finally found the truck. Of course there was a parking ticket on it. $30 fine but still cheaper than parking in a lot somewhere. LOL no biggie I'll just put a check in the mail tomorrow. Not the first time we've done that.
Drove to Mandeville to check out the meat market we passes yesterday.
Had to get some stteaks for Dinner tomorrow. What a great little store. Had everything including Wine and Liquor. Decide to look for the drinks that Kim wanted me to find.  Never thought I'd find them in this place but lo and behold after I asked if they had them of course they did.
I have looked in Liquor stores and Grocery stores and couldn't find them.. Got the pineapple one ..Kim wanted Strawberry so I will keep looking as we travel. I'm going to try one tonight so I'll let you know how they are.
Went to Mugshots for a late lunch. Bill loves their steak burger and I always get a patty melt which is ok but nothing else on the menu I wanted.
Then to Starbucks for a Carmel Macciato (Yummy).  Then Finally to a car wash to get he dirt off from Texas. The truck was filthy.
Back home to relax and watch and make reservations for the rest of the trip.
Have a great day.

Comments

  1. New Orleans is a fun place, but can be dangerous especially during Mardi Gras and night time.
    But lots of people to watch and some amazing music, good food as well.You can just buy your drink anywhere and and stroll down the street drinking it too.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog 😢

Rainy Morning Oulet Mall