We had a great day yesterday. Weather was good. Chilly but the sun was shining. Left for Old Town San Diego about 10:00. Takes a little over an hr. Nice sunny drive. Went to the Visitor Center first very informative guy thats from the Bronx. Told us hes been to buffal and loved the wings of course.

Then off to the train Museum. What a great place. wish I could post pics. Someday I'll figure it out.
Anyway it was great to see the way it is all set up. Mountains all around, a baseball diamond with red white and blue fire works a drive in theater showing The Blob. Could have watched the whole movie if I wanted to. It was Steve McQeen's first movie. I remember seeing it long ago. All in all it was great place.

Basically just walked down the street went into some of the stores and of course bought stuff I don't need.

Went to the Whaley House. Diane and I took the $8 tour. Suppose to be the most famous haunted house in America. But I think all the haunted places say that. Didn't see any Ghosts (DAMN) Learned a bit about the house but really wasn't worth the money.

Then Larry wanted to see the San Diego Bay area. Not to far away but the traffic whew. Found A place to park at a community center walked to the water, not much to look at. But I did see the HUGE bridge we went over.(I closed my eyes) It was wy too high for my liking. I thought I was getting over my slight fear but not for that one.

Left for home which is a little over an hr drive took us at least 2 hrs. I was flipping out in the back seat. Bumper to Bumper in the middle of nowhere for at least an hr. I think my claustrophobia was getting the best of me. Not good. Stopped for gas and I couldn't get out of the truck fast enough.
Another 15 min and finally home. Thank god. Not sure If I want to take the drive to Los Angeles. Maybe I'll put Larry in the back.

Played a half a game of Mexican train and watched Hawaii 5O. Larry and Diane left after that and I managed to stay up for Blue Bloods. Slept in til 5:30 a rarity for me.
That was our day.

Havea great day

Comments

  1. Nice that you got to San Diego such an interesting area. I would stay away from LA, so much traffic. Population 4 million and 30 million in California.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Last Blog 😢

Rainy Morning Oulet Mall